This is the start of your Road Race Championships for 2022 open to all Members U17 up to Masters.
See detail below of the criteria and if you have any queries please email email@example.com
FVH Road Races Championship Criteria, Dates Categories & Results
The committee in consultation with the road running group have decided on the following program of road races for the road running championship in 2022. We have settled on these races to provide a spread of distances from 1 mile to marathon, to provide a spread of dates from Round the houses up to November 2022. With the races evenly spread through the week and the season.
To increase accessibility, we have included two exclusive FVH members only races, the mile and 3k events. These will be on a flat accurately measured tarmac course, so will provide great opportunities to set fast times.
The counting races and dates for the 2022 Road Race Championship are shown below:
MonthRace Info & Entry LinksLocationDayDistanceDateApr – OctAny one marathon*AnyAnyMarathon01 Apr 22 – 30 Nov 22AprilRound the HousesGrangemouthSunday10Km17 Apr 22MaySri ChinmoySilverknowesFriday5 Km06 May 22MayClub 1 MileFalkirkThursday1 Mile12 May 22JuneBlast RunningSilverknowesSunday5 & 10 Km12 Jun 22JuneClub 3 KmFalkirkThursday3 Km23 Jun 22AugustQA 5KDunfermlineFriday5 Km05 Aug 22SeptemberStirling 10 KmStirlingSunday10 Km11 Sep 22OctoberGreat Scottish RunGlasgowSunday10 Km or Half Marathon02 Oct 22
*Members wishing to include a marathon result must email their results to Stephen Baird.
Showing as TBC as previous dates.
Entry for races can be found at the Scottish Athletics events page at their website here Scottish Athletics Events Calendar.
Categories and Scoring (Must be a fully paid up member of FVH at the time of the any race).
Using the world athletics scoring system
When calculating the Competition Score the following factors are considered:
- Result Score: The actual results achieved in the competition
- Participation Score: The level of the participating athletes
- WR Bonus: World Records achieved in the competition
World Athletics Scoring Table of Athletics (By Dr Bojidar Spiriev) can be found here.
Competition Score = Competition Result Score + Competition Participation Score + WR Bonus
1. Competition Result Score
1.1. Calculating the Competition Result Score
- Road Running (combined): The 8 best results are calculated to get the Result Score of the competition, of which a maximum of 4 results can be included from the same gender’s race.
- Men’s Road Running: The 4 best male results are calculated to get the Result Score of the competition.
- Women’s Road Running: The 4 best female results are calculated to get the Result Score of the competition.
- Competitions with multiple distances are calculated separately.
1.2. Result Scores
- Results Scores are awarded for the result achieved by the athlete according to the latest edition of the WA Scoring Tables of Athletics (by Dr. Bojidar Spiriev). For disciplines which are not included in the latest editions of WA Scoring Tables of Athletics, special Scoring Tables have been developed in full conformity with the WA versions.
- Results Scores are calculated with the Downhill Modification System for Road Running events, as used in the World Rankings as well.
Trophies will be awarded to the male (Willie Day Cup) and female (David Lothian Cup) with the highest individual score.
For the series there will be trophies awarded to the male (Wattie Garner Trophy) and female (Caroline Lawless Trophy) with the highest average scores calculated over 5 races from the series.
The minimum number of races to be run is 4.
Falkirk Victoria Harriers Committee